Medical Malpractice Lawyers Serving New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
Birth Injury | Brain and Hypoxia Injury | Erb’s Palsy and Brachial Plexus Injury | Cerebral Palsy | Retinopathy and Premature Birth Injuries
The delivery of a baby can be one of life’s greatest blessings, but carelessness by medical personnel can quickly turn that joy into heartbreak. It happens way too often, with nearly 30,000 children born in the United States every year with some level of trauma that could have been avoided. If your child has suffered needless injury during the birth process, the Law Office of Justin A. Zeller can help.
At the Law Office of Justin A. Zeller, we bring aggressive advocacy to parents and families in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. We know the emotional devastation when a child is born with avoidable injury or trauma, and we are committed to holding negligent medical personnel accountable for their carelessness. No birth injury claim is too large or too small.
We will carefully explain the law and the process to you, as well as your options and your chances of success, so that you can take the right steps to fully protect your child and your family. We will immediately notify you of any developments in your case and will work hard to be available and accessible when you have questions or concerns. We answer all calls, emails and text messages as promptly as possible.
Aggressive Representation in Birth Injury Claims in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
We will thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances of your case, working closely with medical experts to determine the standard of care, and to prepare and present the most compelling arguments that medical professionals breached that standard, causing a birth injury.
We will represent you in a wide range of birth injury claims:
- Cerebral palsy, a condition caused by oxygen deprivation or forceps/vacuum extraction trauma
- Erb’s palsy, a result of shoulder Dystocia, causing nerve damage to an infant’s shoulder or upper arm
- Brain or spinal cord injuries caused by lack of oxygen, mechanical injury or failure to provide other needed services during delivery
- Damage to the brachial plexus network of nerves in the neck, leading to injury in the upper limbs
- Premature birth injuries, from retinopathy (damage to the retinas) to cerebral palsy, hearing impairment, cognitive delays and poor development
- Anoxia and hypoxia injuries, caused by deprivation of oxygen to the infant’s brain or body
- Patent Ductus Arteriosis (PDA), a condition affecting the heart
- Gastroschisis, a birth defect of the abdominal wall, where interior organs may initially be outside the body
We will help you pursue full and fair compensation for all your losses, including current and future medical expenses, rehabilitation or physical therapy, long-term care and other special needs of your child.
Contact Our Offices
To learn your rights and options when your child has suffered a birth-related injury, call the Law Office of Justin A. Zeller at (212) 229-2249 or contact our offices online. We are available to meet with you evenings or weekends upon request. Home or hospital visits can be arranged, if necessary and Spanish translation services are offered. There’s no cost or obligation for your first consultation.
We handle all birth injury claims on a contingency basis. You won’t pay any legal fees unless we recover compensation for your losses.